The duration of this course is 2 Days.
Classes are priced from From $690.00. See individual sessions for details.
This course is designed to introduce UX design concepts while learning the Adobe® XD application. Learn how to use Adobe XD to design, prototype, and share your web and mobile app designs. The UX (User Experience) design workflow can be optimized by using this Adobe prototyping tool. Through class discussion, presented examples and hands-on tutorials students will be introduced to the planning and design processes used in the development of a UX project.
Anyone new to UX design who is responsible for creating and presenting new web or mobile product designs will find this class indispensable. Current web and graphic designers who want to improve their interactive prototyping skills.
- What is the UX design and the development process
- How does Adobe XD fit into the development process
- Getting to familiar with the XD workspace
- Setting up your XD project
- Creating graphics for the project with XD drawing tools
- Working with images and text
- Organizing content with layers, groups and precision positioning
- Using the assets panel and CC libraries
- Using effects and grids
- Creating an interactive prototype
- Sharing your prototype
- Preparing and sharing design specs
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with the basic functions of their computer's operating system such as creating folders, launching programs and working with windows. Students should also have basic Windows application skills such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, and saving files.
Adobe XD CC Classroom in a Book® - Kindle Edition
Lesson 1: What is UX and why we need it
- Who needs UX design?
- Why a good UI isn't enough?
- How to plan and manage a new UX project.
Lesson 2: Introducing Adobe XD
- What is UX and how does Adobe XD fit into the design process.
- Get familiar with the XD workspace.
Lesson 3: Creating Graphics
- Create and edit shapes.
- Using fills and borders. Using pen tolls. Working with UI kits.
Lesson 4: Adding Images and Text
- Importing and transforming images.
- Bringing in content from other applications.
- Masking content.
- Adding and formatting text.
Lesson 5: Organizing Content
- Working with layers.
- Arranging, grouping and aligning content.
- Positioning objects precisely.
Lesson 6: Working with Assets and CC Libraries
- Understanding the assets panel.
- Adding and saving colors and styles.
- Using symbols.
- Working with Creative Cloud Libraries.
Lesson 7: Using Effects and Grids
- Understanding effects and how edit them.
- Work with gradients and transparency.
- The power of repeating grids.
Lesson 8: Prototyping
- Understanding Prototyping.
- XD Prototyping mode vs. Design mode.
- Setting a home screen.
- Linking content.
- Previewing locally on a device.
- Recording prototype interactions.
Lesson 9: Sharing Your Prototype
- Different sharing methods.
- Updating a shared prototype.
- Commenting on a shared prototype.
- Managing shared prototypes.
Lesson 10: Sharing Design Specs and Exporting
- Share design specs.
- Update design specs. Export assets.
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now
|WordPress Level 1 for End Users|
|WordPress Level 2 for Web Designers/Developers|
|Bootstrap: An Intro to Responsive Web Frameworks|
|Professional Scrum with User Experience|
|Web Design Using HTML5 and CSS3|