The duration of this course is 1 Day.
This course is a primer on the basics of Project Management. It will provide students with the big picture of how Project Management tools and techniques are used to establish a firm foundation for a project. The student will learn the standard components to a project including key terminology. The class will allow students to create the supporting project artifacts, and manage them through the project lifecycle to its completion. Students will also understand key components of a successful project team including effective communications, behaviors and some advanced project processes including Risk Management.
This PMI® approved PDU course equates to 6 PDUs.
There are no specific requirements for this class although experience with projects will be helpful.
- For students new to the project management industry looking for initial project management education
- For project managers or equivalent roles within an organization chartered to manage projects
- Project team members, or managers of project team members looking to understand project management best practices in a supportive role
- Fundamental terms and concepts such as what is a project and what is project management
- The various rules used in projects of varying types
- Project life cycles including predictive iterative and adaptive scrum
- Learn how to initiate projects the use of a project charter and stakeholder identification
- Learn some fundamental concepts of planning a project understanding requirements and use cases
- Understand how to sequence activities in the importance of a critical path
- Learn how planning is performed for iterative projects such as scrum
- Learn what a risk is and the appropriate responses we can take
- Understand how projects are executed and the day-to-day work of a project team
- Understand how to monitor and control the project and observe schedule variances
- Learn the importance of obtaining validation to the scope of work
- Learn the importance and techniques of closing a project and learning how to improve going forward
Exams & Certifications
There is no specific exam or certification for this course. Project Fundamentals is an introductory course and one that builds the foundation in preparation for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® or Project Management Professional (PMP)® certifications.
Springhouse developed student materials.
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us at 610-321-3500 to learn more.
Register your interest now
|The PMP/CAPM Exam Cram Q&A|
|Project Management Essentials|
|Microsoft Project 2019/2016 Level 1|
|Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Prep, PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition|