A real-world example of Power Apps and Power Automate
Case Study Summary: Springhouse improves client’s submittal process using Microsoft Power Platform tools — Power Apps and Power Automate
Our client’s customers are government agencies. These agencies rely on our client to identify and source highly specialized, credentialed, and in-demand scientific subject matter experts. Our client’s mission is to ensure their team can quickly and accurately identify the resources that are able and authorized to work side-by-side with government partners.
Our client provides expertise in public health preparedness and response, biomedical research and product development, and bioscientific lab support. In addition, they offer scientific project and program portfolio management and technology transfer. They found that manually tracking and managing resources and their affiliated government requirements using just email and spreadsheets presented an administrative burden. It also affected our client’s ability to meet submittal deadlines.
To alleviate this challenge, Springhouse took advantage of the Microsoft Power Platform and developed a submittal application for the client’s administrators, consultants, and project managers.
The Application, created using Power Apps, centralized all components of the submittal process.
- Consultants upload the required documentation directly into the solution.
- Project managers can access that documentation immediately, accelerating the review and submittal preparation process.
- Administrators can quickly identify consultants and locate their associated documented requirements.
Using Power Automate, Springhouse built automatic communications that now notify:
- Consultants … when they need to renew their documentation.
- Administrators and project managers … when deadlines are forthcoming.
With this application now in place, our client has reduced the amount of time it takes to formulate submittals for its valued customers.