The duration of this course is 1 day.
Classes are priced from $495.00. See individual sessions for details.
Microsoft® SharePoint®, in conjunction with the Microsoft 365™ productivity and office automation suite, provides tools to create and manage a corporate intranet, facilitate content sharing and collaboration, and enable users to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location.
Users who already have experience as SharePoint site members and owners may be ready to move on to more advanced site-building tasks such as using custom site templates, custom themes, applying advanced permissions settings, improving security, and preparing sites to support governance and compliance.
Advanced site builders may be ready to undertake more advanced site management tasks, working in conjunction with their SharePoint Administrator to create and use custom site templates, term sets and metadata, manage information governance and compliance, and get deeper into SharePoint security configuration.
This course focuses on these advanced site-building and administration tasks.
This course is designed for students who already have experience creating Modern SharePoint sites and populating them with content, who want to learn advanced features to extend SharePoint's capabilities, make information easier to find and manage, use SharePoint features to improve governance and compliance, and improve the security of information and services within the SharePoint environment.
- Create a custom site template to reduce the time spent creating similarly configured SharePoint sites.
- Configure managed metadata, including custom term sets, content types, and metadata-based navigation.
- Control access through permissions.
- Improve overall security of sites, lists, libraries, folders, list items, and documents.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have SharePoint site user skills such as the ability to view and enter data in SharePoint lists and libraries, and to navigate a typical SharePoint site. You should also have intermediate site builder skills such as the ability to create a SharePoint site, apply a site template, populate sites with pages, create lists and libraries, and connect a site to a hub site.
NOTE: This course was developed using Microsoft 365 Business Standard edition. If you opt to use one of the Enterprise editions, be sure to key the course activities before you deliver the class so you will be able to anticipate any differences that students might see with the edition you use.
Lesson 1: Creating Custom Site Templates
- Topic A: Prepare a Site Script
- Topic B: Generate and Use a Custom Site Template
Lesson 2: Managing Content Services
- Topic A: Plan and Configure Managed Metadata
- Topic B: Create and Manage Content Types
- Topic C: Use Managed Metadata for Navigation and Filtering
Lesson 3: Controlling Access Through Permissions
- Topic A: Assign Permissions
- Topic B: Manage Permissions Inheritance
Lesson 4: Improving Security
- Topic A: Manage Access at the Site Level
- Topic B: Manage Access at the Tenant Level
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now