The duration of this course is 1 Day.
Classes are priced from $295.00. See individual sessions for details.
Microsoft® InfoPath® 2010 is a forms-creation and data-gathering tool that helps organizations streamline business processes. InfoPath 2010 is designed for both advanced business users and developers, depending on the type of forms-based solution an organization needs.
Without writing code, advanced business users can use InfoPath 2010 to design sophisticated electronic forms to quickly and cost-effectively gather information.
This course is targeted for persons with Web design experience, form administrators, information coordinators, and Microsoft Office system power users who need to gather, reuse, distribute, and collaborate using XML-based forms.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create InfoPath forms.
- import and export forms.
- customize a form layout.
- manage views.
- apply security to forms.
- distribute forms.
- manage controls.
- work with a database
Students taking this class should have proficiency in Microsoft Office products, concentrating in forms development and experience working in a tagged environment (such as HTML or Frame maker with SGML).
Courseware Microsoft® InfoPath® 2010
Lesson 1: Creating InfoPath Forms
- Explore the InfoPath 2010 Interface
- Draft a Form
- Add Data Validation Rules
- Test a Form
Lesson 2: Importing and Exporting Forms
- Import Form Data Using InfoPath Designer
- Export Form Data to Excel Using InfoPath Filler
- Export Form Data to the Web Using InfoPath Filler
Lesson 3: Customizing Form Layouts
- Customize Tables
- Format a Form
- Insert Graphical Objects
- Create Sections
- Merge Forms
Lesson 4: Managing Views
- Create Custom Views
- Assign User Roles to a View
Lesson 5: Applying Security to Forms
- Protect InfoPath Forms
- Restrict Access to a Form
- Set Security Zones
Lesson 6: Distributing Forms
- Publish a Form
- Publish a Form to Email Recipients
- Troubleshoot Publishing Problems
Lesson 7: Managing Controls
- Describe Data Source Concepts
- Customize Controls
- Bind Controls
Lesson 8: Working with a Database
- Develop a Form from a Database
- Use InfoPath Forms to Add Records to a Database
- Use InfoPath Forms to Query a Database
- Populate Form Controls from a Database
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now