The duration of this course is 5 Days.
Classes are priced from $2,495.00. See individual sessions for details.
The Official CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007) course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. It also addresses the content described in the exam objectives for the CompTIA Network+ certification. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, obtaining the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ examination.
The Official CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007) course can benefit you in several ways:
- If you are preparing for any type of network-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful.
- It contains information and procedures that can help you if your job duties include network troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance.
- It can assist you in preparing for the CompTIA Network+ examination (Exam N10-007).
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration, or who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-007). A typical student taking the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007) course should have a minimum of nine months of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician. Networking experience is helpful but not mandatory; A+ certification or equivalent skills and knowledge is helpful but not mandatory.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Describe unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Analyze routing and switching technologies.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation.
- Analyze network security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Manage networks.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
To ensure your success in this course, you will need basic Windows end-user computer skills. It also recommended that students have completed the A+ Certification program or possess equivalent knowledge.
Exams & Certifications
This course will prepare students to take the CompTIA Network+ N10- 007 exam.
Lesson 1: Network Theory
- Network Types
- Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Data Transmission Methods
Lesson 2: Bounded Network Media
- Copper Media
- Fiber Optic Media
- Bounded Network Media Installation
Lesson 3: Unbounded Network Media
- Wireless Networking
- Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Implement Wireless Technology
- Internet of Things
Lesson 4: Network Implementations
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Ethernet Networks
- Network Devices
Lesson 5: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IPv4 Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- IPv6 Addressing
Lesson 6: Routing and Switching
- Network Packet Routing
- Static and Dynamic IP Routing
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Implementation
- Configure IP Addresses
- Naming Services
- TCP/IP Utilities
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
Lesson 8: Network Security Analysis
- Introduction to Network Security
- Network Security Policies
- Physical Security
- Common Network Attacks
Lesson 9: Network Security Implementation
- Access Control
- Port, Service, and Protocol Security
- Wireless Network Security
- Patches and Updates
- Mitigation Techniques
Lesson 10: WAN Infrastructure
- WAN Basics
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- WAN Transmission Technologies
Lesson 11: Cloud and Virtualization Techniques
- Virtualization Technologies
- Network Storage Technologies
- Cloud Computing
Lesson 12: Remote Networking
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Network Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
Lesson 13: Network Management
- Monitor Networks
- Document the Network
- Establish Baselines
- Optimize Network Performance
- Ensure Business Continuity
Lesson 14: Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Network Troubleshooting Methodology
- Network Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshoot Wired Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Wireless Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Network Service Issues
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now
|SYO-601: CompTIA Security+ Certification|
|A+1001: CompTIA A+ Certification Core 1|
|A+1002: CompTIA A+ Certification Core 2|