The duration of this course is 2 Days.
To paraphrase an expert, "if you don't get the requirements right, nothing else matters on the project." This course presents several common BA modeling techniques to help you elicit and analyze requirements. You will practice analyzing, modeling, and reviewing the requirements as you work through an engaging case study. You will also learn and practice industry-standard modeling notation for each model. The models in this class follow the concurrent modeling framework, emphasizing process, data, interaction, and interface requirements. This simple framework will help you develop a quicker and more complete set of requirements.
This workshop is designed to quickly provide essential modeling skills for business analysts, project managers, developers, and anyone involved in software development projects. It also provides excellent information for business clients and sponsors, quality assurance analysts, and other stakeholders who need or want to learn more about modeling.
- Explain how concurrent solution modeling provides a repeatable, practical framework for modeling requirements.
- Identify common modeling techniques used by business analysts.
- Create a scope diagram to facilitate the processes in-scope and out-of-scope for a project.
- Model business processes, creating "as-is" and "to-be" process maps.
- Create a basic Entity-Relationship Diagram to model data requirements.
- Produce a use case diagram to show the scope of use cases and the actors who interact with them.
- Write a use case narrative flow of events to depict the primary, alternate, and exception paths.
- Design low-fidelity prototypes to document interface requirements.
Participants should have worked on at least one software application project. No technical experience is necessary, but an understanding of applications development is helpful.
Exams & Certifications
Visual Modeling Essentials conforms to and aligns with the BABOK® Guide version 3.0 of the IIBA® (International Institute of Business Analysis) and assists students preparing for the ECBA exam.
Visual Modeling Essentials Student Notebook
Lesson 1: Requirements Context
Lesson 2: Process Mapping
Lesson 3: Modeling Data Requirements
Lesson 4: Use Cases
Lesson 5: Prototyping: User Interface Modeling
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us at 610-321-3500 to learn more.
Register your interest now
|PMI-PBA: Business Analysis for Project Managers and IT Analysts (PMI-PBA Certification)|
|Business Analysis Foundations|