The duration of this course is 2 Days. The list price is $890.00.
Microsoft® Project® 2019 Part 1 is a level 1 course designed to familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project so you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
Note : This course is for anyone who has Project on the desktop, regardless of whether they purchased an “on-premise” edition or subscribed to a “cloud-based” (online) edition. Most project managers and project team members use the desktop application, so that is the main focus of this course. The main features of the online app are presented in an appendix.
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts, as well as general desktop computer skills, and who will be responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. This course will give you the fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project necessary to construct basic project plans.
In this course, you will be able to construct basic project plans using Microsoft Project.
- Identify project management concepts and navigate Microsoft Project Professional.
- Create a new project plan.
- Add tasks to a project.
- Manage task relationships within a project.
- Manage project resources.
- Finalize a project plan.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic knowledge and skills using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system—preferably the most current version. While you do not need to be an expert, some experience and competency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel®, will be useful. Finally, having a foundational knowledge of project management concepts will help prepare you for working with Microsoft Project.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
- Topic B: Navigate in the Microsoft Project Desktop Environment
Lesson 2: Defining a Project
- Topic A: Create a New Project Plan File
- Topic B: Set Project Plan Options
- Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
Lesson 3: Adding Project Tasks
- Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Topic B: Enter Task Duration Estimates
Lesson 4: Managing Tasks
- Topic A: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Topic B: Define Task Relationships
- Topic C: Schedule Tasks
Lesson 5: Managing Project Resources
- Topic A: Add Resources to a Project
- Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
- Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
- Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 6: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
- Topic B: Set a Baseline
- Topic C: Share a Project Plan
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us at 610-321-3500 to learn more.
Register your interest now
|Project Management Fundamentals|
|Project Management Essentials|
|Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Prep, PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition|
|The PMP/CAPM Exam Cram Q&A|