The duration of this course is 4 Days.
Classes are priced from From $2,236.00. See individual sessions for details.
In this course students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to implement security controls, maintain the security posture, and identify and remediate vulnerabilities by using a variety of security tools. The course covers scripting and automation, virtualization, and cloud N-tier architecture.
Students should have at least one year of hands-on experience securing Azure workloads and experience with security controls for workloads on Azure.
- Describe specialized data classifications on Azure
- Identify Azure data protection mechanisms
- Implement Azure data encryption methods
- Secure Internet protocols and how to implement them on Azure
- Describe Azure security services and features
Successful learners will have prior knowledge and understanding of:
- Security best practices and industry security requirements such as defense in depth, least privileged access, role-based access control, multi-factor authentication, shared responsibility, and zero trust model.
- Be familiar with security protocols such as Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Internet Security Protocol (IPSec), Secure Socket Layer (SSL), disk and data encryption methods.
- Have some experience deploying Azure workloads. This course does not cover the basics of Azure administration, instead the course content builds on that knowledge by adding security specific information.
- Have experience with Windows and Linux operating systems and scripting languages. Course labs may use PowerShell and the CLI.
Exams & Certifications
This course is in preparation of exam AZ-500.
Candidates for this exam are Microsoft Azure security engineers who implement security controls, maintain the security posture, manages identity and access, and protects data, applications, and networks.Candidates identify and remediate vulnerabilities by using a variety of security tools, implements threat protection, and responds to security incident escalations. As a Microsoft Azure security engineer, candidates often serve as part of a larger team dedicated to cloud-based management and security and may also secure hybrid environments as part of an end-to-end infrastructure.
Candidates for this exam should have strong skills in scripting and automation, a deep understanding of networking, virtualization, and cloud N-tier architecture, and a strong familiarity with cloud capabilities, Microsoft Azure products and services, and other Microsoft products and services.
Digital Microsoft Official Curriculum
Module 1: Identity and Access
- Configure Azure Active Directory for Azure workloads and subscriptions
- Configure Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Configure security for an Azure subscription
Module 2: Platform Protection
- Understand cloud security
- Build a network
- Secure network
- Implement host security
- Implement platform security
- Implement subscription security
Module 3: Security Operations
- Configure security services
- Configure security policies by using Azure Security Center
- Manage security alerts
- Respond to and remediate security issues
- Create security baselines
Module 4: Data and applications
- Configure security policies to manage data
- Configure security for data infrastructure
- Configure encryption for data at rest
- Understand application security
- Implement security for application lifecycle
- Secure applications
- Configure and manage Azure Key Vault
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now