The duration of this course is 1 Day.
Classes are priced from $295.00. See individual sessions for details.
Clearly, you use Excel a lot in your role. Otherwise, you wouldn't be taking this course. By now, you're already familiar with Microsoft® Office Excel®, its functions and formulas, a lot of its features and functionality, and its powerful data analysis tools. You are likely called upon to analyze and report on data frequently, work in collaboration with others to deliver actionable organizational intelligence and keep and maintain workbooks for all manner of purposes. At this level of use and collaboration, you have also likely encountered your fair share of issues and challenges. You're too busy, though, to waste time scouring over workbooks to resolve issues or to perform repetitive, monotonous tasks. You need to know how to get Excel to do more for you so you can focus on what's really important: staying ahead of the competition. That's exactly what this course aims to help you do.
The content of this course is applicable to Word 2021, 2019, and 2016.
This course is intended for students who are experienced Excel 2021 users and have a desire or need to advance their skills in working with some of the more advanced Excel features. Students will likely need to troubleshoot large, complex workbooks, automate repetitive tasks, engage in collaborative partnerships involving workbook data, construct complex Excel functions, and use those functions to perform rigorous analysis of extensive, complex datasets.
- Work with multiple worksheets and workbooks.
- Share and protect workbooks.
- Automate workbook functionality.
- Use Lookup functions, dynamic arrays, and formula auditing.
- Forecast data.
- Create sparklines and map data.
To ensure success, students should have practical, real-world experience creating and analyzing datasets using Excel. Specific tasks students should be able to perform include: creating formulas and using Excel functions; creating, sorting, and filtering datasets and tables; presenting data by using basic charts; creating and working with PivotTables, slicers, and PivotCharts; and customizing the Excel environment.
Exams & Certifications
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Excel Associate (Office 365 and Office 2021): Exam MO-200 and Excel Expert (Office 365 and Office 2021): Exam MO-201 certifications.
Lesson 1: Working with Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- Topic A: Use Links and External References
- Topic B: Use 3-D References
- Topic C: Consolidate Data
Lesson 2: Sharing and Protecting Workbooks
- Topic A: Collaborate on a Workbook
- Topic B: Protect Worksheets and Workbooks
Lesson 3: Automating Workbook Functionality
- Topic A: Apply Data Validation
- Topic B: Search for Invalid Data and Formulas with Errors
- Topic C: Work with Macros
Lesson 4: Using Lookup Functions, Dynamic Arrays, and Formula Auditing
- Topic A: Use Lookup Functions
- Topic B: Use Dynamic Arrays and Dynamic Array Functions
- Topic C: Trace Cells
- Topic D: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
Lesson 5: Forecasting Data
- Topic A: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Data Tables
- Topic B: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Scenarios
- Topic C: Use the Goal Seek Feature
- Topic D: Forecast Data Trends
Lesson 6: Creating Sparklines and Mapping Data
- Topic A: Create Sparklines
- Topic B: Map Data
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now