The duration of this course is 1 Day.
Classes are priced from From $206.50. See individual sessions for details.
Organizations the world over rely on information to make sound decisions regarding all manner of affairs. But with the amount of available data growing on a daily basis, the ability to make sense of all of that data is becoming more and more challenging. Fortunately, this is where the power of Microsoft® Office Excel® can help. Excel can help you organize, calculate, analyze, revise, update, and present your data in ways that will help the decision makers in your organization steer you in the right direction. It will also make these tasks much easier for you to accomplish, and in much less time, than if you used traditional pen-and-paper methods or non-specialized software. This course aims to provide you with a foundation for Excel knowledge and skills, which you can build upon to eventually become an expert in data manipulation.
This course is applicable to Excel 2021, 2019, and 2016.
This course is intended for students who wish to gain the foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Excel that is necessary to create and work with electronic spreadsheets.
- Get started with Microsoft Office Excel.
- Perform calculations.
- Modify a worksheet.
- Format a worksheet.
- Print workbooks.
- Manage workbooks.
To ensure success, students will need to be familiar with using personal computers and should have experience using a keyboard and mouse. Students should also be comfortable working in the Windows® 10 environment and be able to use Windows 10 to manage information on their computers. Specific tasks the students should be able to perform include: opening and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders.
Exams & Certifications
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Excel Associate (Office 365 and Office 2021): Exam MO-200 and Excel Expert (Office 365 and Office 2021): Exam MO-201 certifications.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Excel
- Topic A: Navigate the Excel User Interface
- Topic B: Use Excel Commands
- Topic C: Create and Save a Basic Workbook
- Topic D: Enter Cell Data
- Topic E: Use Excel Help
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations
- Topic A: Create Worksheet Formulas
- Topic B: Insert Functions
- Topic C: Reuse Formulas and Functions
Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- Topic A: Insert, Delete, and Adjust Cells, Columns, and Rows
- Topic B: Search for and Replace Data
- Topic C: Use Proofing and Research Tools
Lesson 4: Formatting a Worksheet
- Topic A: Apply Text Formats
- Topic B: Apply Number Formats
- Topic C: Align Cell Contents
- Topic D: Apply Styles and Themes
- Topic E: Apply Basic Conditional Formatting
- Topic F: Create and Use Templates
Lesson 5: Printing Workbooks
- Topic A: Preview and Print a Workbook
- Topic B: Set Up the Page Layout
- Topic C: Configure Headers and Footers
Lesson 6: Managing Workbooks
- Topic A: Manage Worksheets
- Topic B: Manage Workbook and Worksheet Views
- Topic C: Manage Workbook Properties
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now