The duration of this course is 2.
Classes are priced from $890.00. See individual sessions for details.
The Microsoft® Project® 2019 Essentials class combines beginner and intermediate practices and lessons into a single, comprehensive delivery. Students will first explore the desktop application interface so they are able to navigate and perform necessary project management functions efficiently.
Lessons are taught by a Microsoft Project certified instructor in an incremental fashion, one module building upon the previous. Students will experience using the desktop application Microsoft Project and see how projects are built from scratch or with the assistance of a template.
- This course is designed for anyone that will be responsible for creating and maintaining project plans such as a project manager, project scheduler, or equivalent title.
- It is also applicable for anyone wishing to learn Microsoft Project in preparation for these roles.
- This course is valuable to students that used Project earlier but not recently or those that wish to expand their knowledge of Project from a beginner level.
The lessons within the Microsoft® Project® 2019 Essentials course cover the core elements of Microsoft Project needed for a project manager to successfully manage a project plan. At completion of the computer desktop training, students will know how to perform the steps necessary to
- Build a project schedule
- Enter resources such as project team members
- Account for deadlines and project constraints
- Record project activity updates
- Report progress
- Integrate single projects with others of a program.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic knowledge and skills using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system—preferably the most current version. While you do not need to be an expert, some experience and competency with Microsoft Office applications will be useful.
Having a foundational knowledge of project management concepts will help prepare you for working with Microsoft Project.
Lesson 1 - Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Navigate in the Microsoft Project Desktop Environment
Lesson 2 - Defining a Project
- Create a New Project Plan File
- Set Project Plan Options
- Assign a Project Calendar
Lesson 3 - Adding Project Tasks
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Enter Task Duration Estimates
Lesson 4 - Managing Tasks
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define Task Relationships
- Schedule Tasks
Lesson 5 - Managing Project Resources
- Add Resources to a Project
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 6 - Finalizing a Project Plan
- Optimize a Project Plan
- Set a Baseline
- Share a Project Plan
Lesson 7 - Updating a Project Plan
- Enter Task Progress
- Enter Overtime Work
- Edit Tasks
Lesson 8 - Viewing Project Progress
- Format and Share the Timeline View
Lesson 9 - Reporting on Project Progress
- View Built-in Reports
Lesson 10 - Reusing Project Plan Information
- Share Project Plan Elements with Other Plans
Lesson 11 - Working with Multiple Projects
- Share Resources
- Link Project Plans
- Exploring Project Management in the Cloud
- Navigating in the Microsoft Project Online Environment
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now