The duration of this course is 4 Days.
Classes are priced from $2,380.00. See individual sessions for details.
This course empowers you with the knowledge and skills required to successfully create and maintain the cloud and edge portions of an Azure IoT solution. You will learn the core Azure IoT services, such as IoT Hub, Device Provisioning Services, Azure Stream Analytics, Time Series Insights, and much more. With a focus on Azure PaaS services, this course expands into IoT Edge, device management, monitoring and troubleshooting, security concerns, and Azure IoT Central.
IoT Developer is responsible for implementing and then maintaining the cloud and edge portions of an Azure IoT solution. In addition to configuring and maintaining devices by using Azure IoT services and other Microsoft tools, the IoT Developer also sets up the physical devices and is responsible for maintaining the devices throughout the life cycle. The IoT Developer implements designs for IoT solutions, including device topology, connectivity, debugging and security. For Edge device scenarios, the IoT Developer also deploys compute/containers and configures device networking, which could include various edge gateway implementations. The IoT Developer implements designs for solutions to manage data pipelines, including monitoring and data transformation as it relates to IoT. The IoT Developer works with data engineers and other stakeholders to ensure successful business integration.
- Create, configure, and manage an Azure IoT hub.
- Provision devices by using IoT Hub and DPS, including provisioning at scale.
- Establish secure 2-way communication between devices and IoT Hub.
- Implement message processing by using IoT Hub routing and Azure Stream Analytics.
- Configure the connection to Time Series Insights and support business integration requirements.
- Implement IoT Edge scenarios using marketplace modules and various edge gateway patterns.
- Implement IoT Edge scenarios that require developing and deploying custom modules and containers.
- Implement device management using device twins and direct methods.
- Implement solution monitoring, logging, and diagnostics testing.
- Recognize and address security concerns and implement Azure Security Center for IoT.
- Build an IoT Solution by using Azure IoT Central and recognize SaaS opportunities for IoT.
1 - INTRODUCTION TO IOT AND AZURE IOT SERVICES
- Business Opportunities for IoT
- Introduction to IoT Solution Architecture
- IoT Hardware and Cloud Services
- Lab Scenarios for this Course
2 - DEVICES AND DEVICE COMMUNICATION
- IoT Hub and Devices
- IoT Developer Tools
- Device Configuration and Communication
- Lab : Setup the Development Environment
3 - DEVICE PROVISIONING AT SCALE
- Device Provisioning Service Terms and Concepts
- Configure and Manage the Device Provisioning Service
- Device Provisioning Tasks
- Lab : Individual Enrollment of Devices in DPS
4 - MESSAGE PROCESSING AND ANALYTICS
- Messages and Message Processing
- Data Storage Options
- Azure Stream Analytics
- Lab : Device Message Routing
5 - INSIGHTS AND BUSINESS INTEGRATION
- Business Integration for IoT Solutions
- Data Visualization with Time Series Insights
- Data Visualization with Power BI
- Lab : Integrate IoT Hub with Event Grid
6 - AZURE IOT EDGE DEPLOYMENT PROCESS
- Introduction to Azure IoT Edge
- Edge Deployment Process
- Edge Gateway Devices
- Lab : Introduction to IoT Edge
7 - AZURE IOT EDGE MODULES AND CONTAINERS
- Develop Custom Edge Modules
- Offline and Local Storage
- Lab : Develop, Deploy, and Debug a Custom Module on Azure IoT Edge
8 - DEVICE MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to IoT Device Management
- Manage IoT and IoT Edge Devices
- Device Management at Scale
- Lab : Remotely Monitor and Control Devices with Azure IoT Hub
9 - SOLUTION TESTING, DIAGNOSTICS, AND LOGGING
- Monitoring and Logging
- Lab : Configure Metrics and Logs in Azure IoT Hub
10 - AZURE SECURITY CENTER AND IOT SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
- Security Fundamentals for IoT Solutions
- Introduction to Azure Security Center for IoT
- Enhance Protection with Azure Security Center for IoT Agents
- Lab : Implementing Azure Security Center for IoT
11 - BUILD AN IOT SOLUTION WITH IOT CENTRAL
- Introduction to IoT Central
- Create and Manage Device Templates
- Manage Devices in Azure IoT Central
- Lab : Get Started with Azure IoT Central
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now