The duration of this course is 3 Days.
Classes are priced from $2,795.00. See individual sessions for details.
Cisco Prime Cable Provisioning [also known as Cisco Broadband Access Center (BAC)] provides a single platform for simplified management of cable subscriber devices and automated service provisioning. It offers a centralized platform to control and configure CPE devices. Services include data provisioning for residential home gateways, cable modems, and set-top boxes as well as voice provisioning for media termination adapters (MTAs) and digital voice adapters (DVAs). The platform also supports voice and data provisioning for Ethernet passive optical network (EPON) devices.
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy Cisco Broadband Access Center in a large-scale network.
The primary audience for this course includes:
- Cable Operator Network Operation Center personnel
- System Engineer/ Integrator/Solutions support personnel
- Network Admins and Solution Architects
- Channel partners, resellers
You will learn the Prime Cable Provisioning (PCP) architecture, PCP installation in a Linux environment, DOCSIS provisioning with PCP, configuring RDU Extensions using REST API, upgrading and migrating PCP components, CLI commands used for performance and traffic monitoring, and perform key PCP configuration and verification tasks during hands-on labs. Each student lab pod is a dedicated multi-server environment
Students should have foundational knowledge and/or experience with:
- TCP/IP networks, DNS, and DHCP principles of operation
- Basic Service Provider networking – including OSS/BSS functions
- Cisco IOS Command Line Interface (CLI).
Exams & Certifications
- Learning Credits: 28
Course topics include the following:
- Configuring CNR to use PCP
- Installation of PCP on a Linux Server
- DOCSIS Provisioning with PCP server components
- DPE Configuration
- RDU Configuration
- Device Bootup Testing using Device Simulator Tools
- Upgrading and Migrating PCP Components
- Configuring RDU Data using REST API
- Introduction to Provisioning Web Services (PWS)
- Groovy Scripting and Templates
- Using Log Summary tools to get Traffic and Performance Statistics
- Data Backups, Redundancy, and Exporting
- RDU Extensions
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now