The duration of this course is 1 Day. The list price is $295.00.
This course will introduce students to more advanced formatting techniques, such as applying special number formats, using workbook styles and themes, adding backgrounds, and mimicking watermarks. In addition, students will learn how to create outlines and subtotals, and how to create and apply cell names. They will sort and filter data, and create and format tables. They will learn how to save workbooks as Web pages, how to insert and edit hyperlinks, and how to share workbooks via email. Students will learn how to audit worksheets for errors, how to protect worksheets, how to share and merge workbooks, and track changes in a workbook. Finally, students will customize the Excel environment, and create and modify custom templates.
Students taking this course should be comfortable using a personal computer and the Microsoft Windows client. Students should have some experience using Microsoft Excel. Students will get the most out of this course if their goal is to become proficient in such tasks as consolidating data, using advanced chart formatting options, sorting and filtering data, using special formatting options, using templates, using error tracing features, protecting worksheets, and linking worksheets and workbooks.
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Freeze panes and split a worksheet; open and arrange a new window with the current worksheet content; hide and unhide data; set print titles and page breaks to optimize print output; insert different even and odd headers; manage multiple worksheets; link worksheets by using 3D formulas; add a Watch windows; create and manage links between workbooks
- Apply special and custom number formats; control the display of zero values; apply and modify themes; merge and split cells; change the orientation of data in cells; transpose data; use Paste Special operations; add a background color and a watermark
- Create an outline and consolidate data; create custom views to save different sets of worksheet display and print settings; create subtotals in a list; use multiple subtotal functions.
- Define and apply cell and range names; use names in formulas; and define and apply 3D names
- Sort and filter data; create, format and name a data table, and add rows and columns; use structured references
- Save and publish a worksheet as a Web page; insert and edit hyperlinks; publish a worksheet; and send a worksheet as an email attachment
- Use auditing features; add comments to cells and workbooks; protect a worksheet or part of a worksheet; protect the workbook structure; share, merge and track changes in a workbook; find and remove hidden and personal data in a workbook; and mark a workbook as final
- Change Excel’s default application settings and customize the ribbon; create and modify templates
Students taking this course should be familiar with personal computers and the use of a keyboard and a mouse. Furthermore, this course assumes that students have completed Microsoft Excel 2013 Level 1 or have equivalent experience.
Courseware Microsoft® Excel® 2013 Intermediate
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us at 610-321-3500 to learn more.
Register your interest now