The duration of this course is 1 Day.
Classes are priced from $295.00. See individual sessions for details.
Your training and experience using Microsoft® Office Access® has given you basic database management skills, such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design; promote quality input from users; improve database efficiency and promote data integrity; and implement advanced features in tables, queries, forms, and reports. Extending your knowledge of Access will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
Microsoft® Office Access Part 2, a level 2 course, focuses on optimization of an Access database, including optimizing performance and normalizing data; data validation; usability; and advanced queries, forms, and reports.
To ensure your success in this course, it is recommended you have completed Microsoft® Office Access® Part 1 or possess equivalent knowledge.
It is also suggested that you have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and use a browser to access websites.
Lesson 1: Promoting Quality Data Input
- Topic A: Restrict Data Input Through Field Validation
- Topic B: Restrict Data Input Through Forms and Record Validation
Lesson 2: Improving Efficiency and Data Integrity
- Topic A: Data Normalization
- Topic B: Associate Unrelated Tables
- Topic C: Enforce Referential Integrity
Lesson 3: Improving Table Usability
- Topic A: Create Lookups Within a Table
- Topic B: Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 4: Creating Advanced Queries
- Topic A: Create Query Joins
- Topic B: Create Subqueries
- Topic C: Summarize Data
Lesson 5: Improving Form Presentation
- Topic A: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic B: Create Tab Pages with Subforms and Other Controls
Lesson 6: Creating Advanced Reports
- Topic A: Apply Advanced Formatting to a Report
- Topic B: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic C: Control Pagination and Print Quality
- Topic D: Add a Chart to a Report
Exams & Certifications
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Access Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-500 certification.
Through the completion of this course, you will
- Provide input validation features to promote the entry of quality data into a database.
- Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
- Improve the usability of Access tables.
- Create advanced queries to join and summarize data.
- Use advanced formatting and controls to improve form presentation.
- Use advanced formatting and calculated fields to improve reports.
This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases and developing tables, queries, forms, and reports in Microsoft Office Access.
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now
|Microsoft Access Part 3: Developing Access Applications|
|Microsoft Access Part 1: Foundations|