The duration of this course is 1 Day.
Classes are priced from $295.00. See individual sessions for details.
After you master the basics of using Microsoft® Word (creating, editing, and saving documents; navigating through a document; and printing), you're ready to move on to tackling the more advanced features. These features enable you to create complex and professional documents with a consistent look and feel. They also enable you to automate tedious tasks such as preparing a letter to send to every customer of your organization.
Creating professional-looking documents can help you give your organization a competitive edge. Implementing time-saving features such as document templates and automated mailings helps your organization reduce expenses. Mastering these techniques through this level 2 course will make you a valued employee in your organization.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows®, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser. In addition, you should be able to navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, and saving documents; formatting text and paragraphs; format the overall appearance of a page; and create lists and tables.
Lesson 1: Organizing Content Using Tables and Charts
- Sort Table Data
- Control Cell Layout
- Perform Calculations in a Table
- Create a Chart
- Add an Excel Table to a Word Document (Optional)
Lesson 2: Customizing Formats Using Styles and Themes
- Create and Modify Text Styles
- Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Apply Document Themes
Lesson 3: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Insert Building Blocks
- Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 4: Using Templates to Automate Document Formatting
- Create a Document Using a Template
- Create and Modify a Template
- Manage Templates with the Template Organizer
Lesson 5: Controlling the Flow of a Document
- Control Paragraph Flow
- Insert Section Breaks
- Insert Columns
- Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 6: Simplifying and Managing Long Documents
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert a Table of Contents
- Insert an Ancillary Table
- Manage Outlines
- Create a Master Document
Lesson 7: Using Mail Merge to Create Letters, Envelopes, and Labels
- The Mail Merge Feature
- Merge Envelopes and Labels
Courseware Microsoft® Office Word 2019: Part 2
Exams & Certifications
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Word Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-100 and Word Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-101 certifications.
In this course, you will learn to create and modify complex documents and use tools that allow you to customize those documents.
- Organize content using tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Insert content using quick parts.
- Use templates to automate document formatting.
- Control the flow of a document.
- Simplify and manage long documents.
- Use mail merge to create letters, envelopes, and labels.
This course is designed for students who wish to use Microsoft Word to create and modify complex documents and use tools that allow them to customize those documents.
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now
|Microsoft Word 2019/2016 Part 3: Imagery, Markups, and References|
|Microsoft Word 2019/2016 Part 1: Foundations|