The duration of this course is 2 Evenings. The list price is $295.00.
These days, most people take electronic word processing for granted. While we may still write out our grocery lists with pen and paper, we expect to use a computer to create the majority of our documents. It's impossible to avoid word-processing software in many areas of the business world. Managers, lawyers, clerks, reporters, and editors rely on this software to do their jobs. Whether you are an executive secretary or a website designer, you'll need to know the ins and outs of electronic word processing.
Microsoft® Word 2016 is designed to help you move smoothly through the task of creating professional-looking documents. Its rich features and powerful tools can make your work easy, and even fun. In this course, you'll learn how to use Word 2016 to create and edit simple documents; format documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents.
This course is intended for students who want to learn basic Word 2016 skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows®, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser.
Exams & Certifications
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the Word 2016 Exam and the Word 2016 Expert Exam.
Courseware Microsoft® Word 2016: Part 1 (Desktop/Office 365™)
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
- Navigate in Microsoft Word
- Create and Save Word Documents
- Manage Your Workspace
- Edit Documents
- Preview and Print Document
- Customize the Word Environment
Lesson 2: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
- Apply Character Formatting
- Control Paragraph Layout
- Align Text Using Tabs
- Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
- Apply Borders and Shading
Lesson 3: Working More Efficiently
- Make Repetitive Edits
- Apply Repetitive Formatting
- Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Lists
- Sort a List
- Format a List
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
- Insert a Table
- Modify a Table
- Format a Table
- Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Inset Symbols and Special Characters
- Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
- Apply a Page Border and Color
- Add Headers and Footers
- Control Page Layout
- Add a Watermark
Lesson 8: Preparing to Publish a Document
- Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
- Use Research Tools
- Check Accessibility
- Save a Document to Other Formats
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us to learn more.
Register your interest now