The duration of this course is 5 Days.
Classes are priced from $3,000.00. See individual sessions for details.
The vendor neutral Certified Penetration Testing Engineer certification course is built firmly upon proven, hands-on, Penetration Testing methodologies utilized by our international group of Penetration Testing consultants.
The C)PTE™ presents information based on the 5 Key Elements of Pen Testing; Information Gathering, Scanning, Enumeration, Exploitation and Reporting. The latest vulnerabilities will be discovered using these tried and true techniques.
This course also enhances the business skills needed to identify protection opportunities, justify testing activities and optimize security controls to reduce risk associated to working with the internet. The student will be using the latest tools, such as Saint, Metasploit through Kali Linux and Microsoft PowerShell.
The C)PTE™ was developed around principles and behaviors used to combat malicious hackers and focuses on professional penetration testing rather than "ethical hacking".
Besides utilizing ethical hacking methodologies, the student should be prepared to learn penetration testing methodologies using advanced persistent threat techniques. In this course, you will go through a complete penetration test from A-Z! You'll learn to create your own assessment report and apply your knowledge immediately in the work force.
With this in mind, the CPTE certification course is a complete up-grade to the EC-Council CEH!
- Pen Testers
- Ethical Hackers
- Network Auditors
- Cyber Security Professionals
- Vulnerability Assessors
- Cyber Security Managers
- IS Managers
Upon completion, Certified Penetration Testing Engineer students will be able to establish industry acceptable auditing standards with current best practices and policies. Students will also be prepared to competently take the C)PTE™ exam.
- A minimum of 12 months' experience in networking technologies
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Network+, Microsoft, Security+
- Basic Knowledge of Linux is essential
Exams & Certifications
The Certified Penetration Testing Engineer exam is taken online through Mile2's Assessment and Certification System ("MACS"), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from Mile2.com.
- Student Workbook
- Student Lab Guide
- Prep Guide
- Module 0 - Course Introduction
- Module 1 - Business & Technical Logistics of Pen Testing
- Module 2 - Information Gathering Reconnaissance - Passive (External Only)
- Module 3 - Detecting Live Systems – Reconnaissance (Active)
- Module 4 - Banner Grabbing and Enumeration
- Module 5 - Automated Vulnerability Assessment
- Module 6 - Hacking Operating Systems
- Module 7 - Advanced Assessment and Exploitation Techniques
- Module 8 - Evasion Techniques
- Module 9 - Hacking with PowerShell
- Module 10 - Networks and Sniffing
- Module 11 - Accessing and Hacking Web Techniques
- Module 12 - Mobile and IoT Hacking
- Module 13 - Report Writing Basics
- Lab 1 - Introduction to Pen Testing Setup
- Lab 2 - Linux Fundamentals
- Lab 3 - Using Tools For Reporting
- Lab 4 - Information Gathering
- Lab 5 - Detecting Live Systems - Scanning Techniques
- Lab 6 - Enumeration
- Lab 7 - Vulnerability Assessments
- Lab 8 - Software Goes Undercover
- Lab 9 - System Hacking - Windows
- Lab 10 - System Hacking – Linux/Unix Hacking
- Lab 11 - Advanced Vulnerability and Exploitation Techniques
- Lab 12 - Network Sniffing/IDS
- Lab 13 - Attacking Databases
- Lab 14 - Attacking Web Applications
To request private training or future dates, call 610-321-3500 or
Register your interest now