The duration of this course is 5 Days. The price is from $2,795.00.
CompTIA Security+ certification validates knowledge of security fundamentals, basic risk identification and analysis, threat identification and assessment, IT infrastructure security, cryptography, operational security, and general security processes including incident response and business continuity.
This course is intended for students wishing to qualify for CompTIA Security+ certification. The qualification is aimed at computer and networking professionals with a minimum of 24 months experience. Since security is vital to all levels and job roles within an organization, it will also benefit PC support analysts, application developers, and senior managers in accounting, sales, product development, and marketing who need an introduction to security terms, concepts, and best practices even if certification is not the intended goal.
On course completion, students will be able to:
- Identify device, network, and social attack strategies and defenses.
- Understand the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of encryption standards and products.
- Identify host-based, mobile, and centralized security technologies and practices.
- Describe how local and remote access security are enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to investigate and enforce security on network and Internet enabled technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery
Ideally, students should have successfully completed CompTIA A+ or Network+ certification and have around 24 months' experience of personal computer or networking support. Regardless of whether students have passed CompTIA A+ or Network+, it is recommended that they have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course in order to take full advantage of the materials:
- Know the function and basic features and components of a PC.
- Use Windows administrative tools (Explorer, Settings, Control Panel and Management Consoles) to create and manage files and basic features of the operating system.
- Basic network terminology (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, TCP/IP); TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools.
- Basic use of desktop virtual workstation environments.
Exams & Certifications
This course will prepare students to take the SY0-501 CompTIA Security+ Certification exam, for the objectives released in 2017 and first tested in October 2017.
Module 1 - Security Fundamentals
- Security Terms and Concepts
- Security Controls
- Authentication and Authorization Concepts
- Basic Cryptography concepts.
Module 2 – Analyzing Risk
- Organizational Risk
- Risk Possibilities
- Risk Impacts
- Risk Response
- Risk management
Module 3 – Identify Security Threats
- Social Engineering
- Software Based Threats
- Network Vulnerabilities and Threats
- Network Attack Strategies
- Wireless Threats
- Physical Threats
Module 4 – Conducting Security Assessments
- Identify Vulnerabilities
- Assess Vulnerabilities
- Implement Penetration Testing
Module 5 – Host and Software Security
- Host Security
- Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Mobile Device Security
- Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
Module 6 – Network Security
- Configure Network Security Technologies
- Secure Network Design Elements
- Secure Networking Protocols and Services
- Secure Wireless Traffic
Module 7 – Managing Identify and Access
- Identity and Access Management
- Directory Services (LDAP and Active Directory)
- Access Services \
- Managing Accounts
Module 8 – Implementing Cryptography
- Advanced Cryptography Concepts
- Cryptographic Algorithms
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Enroll Certificates
- Backup and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Revoke Certificates
Module 9 – Implementing Operational Security
- Evaluate Security Frameworks and Guidelines
- Incorporate Documentation in Operational Security
- Implement Security Strategies
- Manage Data Security Processes
- Implement Physical Controls
Module 10 – Addressing Security Incidents
- Troubleshooting Common Security Issues
- Respond to Security Incidents
- Investigate Security Incidents
Module 11 – Ensuring Business Incidents
- Select Business Continuity
- Disaster Recover Processes
- Develop a Business Continuity Plan
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us at 610-321-3500 to learn more.
Register your interest now
|A+1002: CompTIA A+ Certification Core 2|
|A+1001: CompTIA A+ Certification Core 1|
|NET+007: CompTIA Network+ Certification Training|