The duration of this course is 1 Day.
Classes are priced from $995.00. See individual sessions for details.
The one-day LRS NIST Cybersecurity Foundation course is designed for anyone in an organization who needs to understand the basics of cybersecurity, the components of the NIST CSF, and how the NIST CSF aligns to risk management. Security, IT, risk management, policy makers, and other business professionals who have responsibility for aspects of business or technical security can benefit from this course.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Basic computing skills and security knowledge will be helpful.
Module 1) Course Introduction
Module 2) The Basics of Cybersecurity
- What is cybersecurity?
- Types of attackers
- Risk-Based Cybersecurity
Module 3) A Holistic Study of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- EO 13636
- Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2014
- EO 13800
- Uses and Benefits of the Framework
- Attributes of the Framework
- Framework Component Introduction
- Framework Core
- Framework Profiles
- Framework Implementation Tiers
Module 4) Cybersecurity Activities: The Framework Core
- Purpose of the Core
- Core Functions, Categories, and Subcategories
- Informative References
Module 5) Risk Management Considerations: Framework Implementation Tiers
- Purpose of the Tiers
- The Four Tiers
- Components of the Tiers
- Compare and contrast the NIST Cybersecurity Framework with the NIST Risk Management Framework
Module 6) Current and Desired Outcomes: Framework Profiles
- Purpose of the Profiles
- The Two Profiles
- Interrelationships between the Framework Components
Module 7) A Primer on the Seven Step Framework Implementation Process
- Prioritize and Scope
- Create a Current Profile
- Conduct a Risk Assessment
- Create a Target Profile
- Determine, Analyze, and Prioritize Gaps
- Implement Action Plan
Please contact us at 610-321-3500 to learn more about our available options.
|NCSF-Practitioner - NIST Cybersecurity Framework (NCSF) Practitioner Training|