The duration of this course is 1 Day.
Especially when so many people are working remotely, crystal clear communication—solution-oriented and appropriate for purpose and audience—is critical to ensure project and personal success. Effective Business Communication provides participants with strategies and process-oriented techniques to enhance their communication effectiveness.
The Writing Center's manual, The Art of Business Communication
Through discussion, examples, and hands-on practice, participants explore how to:
- See every communication situation as an opportunity.
- Ensure communication is clear, sufficiently detailed, and collegial. Create controlled, precise communication that reflects the audience’s interests and concerns (hot buttons and pain/pinch points). Improve tone. Ensure wording is inclusive and bias-free.
- Communicate with audiences with varying expertise and familiarity with the topic.
- Draft documents, spontaneous ad hoc oral communication, and PowerPoint presentations efficiently and effectively. Use beginnings and endings as Power Positions. Organize information logically. Create flexible outlines and reusable templates.
- Emphasize important information and increase readability/accessibility of key ideas.
Participants are invited to send samples of their on-the-job writing for confidential feedback
This course is also available for private training. Please contact us at 610-321-3500 to learn more.
Register your interest now
|Effective Business Writing|
|Editing and Proofreading / Business Grammar|